Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Spoken Word


One Sunday we were late for the beginning of Sacrament meeting and we were in the foyer. It was me, my three youngest and their uncle Kurt. My baby indicated forcefully that he wanted to nurse, so as soon as we had received the bread and water, we snuck into the mother's lounge. I got situated and was feeding his Majesty the Starving One and J.B. and Mimi were standing over by the light switch, so J.B. could participate in his favorite light show. I used the phrase "Do not body slam your sister" a few times, to help keep the peace.

A voice came over the loud speaker (our 82 year old Bishop) in the room that keeps the lactating ladies in touch with the outside world. "Do you hear that J.B.? That is church that you can hear. Do you know who's voice that is?" You could see his thoughts forming. His face lit up with realization and he said..."Jesus?"

Christ is a real-life, living, breathing, entity to these little primary children. Is He for the rest of us? Deep thought.

2 comments:

  1. ok, so I'm slow... I had to read that like 8 times before I figured out that Bish. Bastien was not saying "Do you hear that?" I was like, wow, How did the Bishop know your son was acting up. Then I finally got it. That is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete