Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Small Potatoes

I sit around at work and at home in good old Idaho and realize that I am small potatoes. I work in retail and make money for corporate America, but precious little for my hard work. I sit on my talents and I squander my dreams. I have great aspirations and great ideas. I fear failure and hope for success. So what is the solution? It lies within the problem. If I am small potatoes, then maybe I should just start small. Do minute things towards lofty goals. Inventions are formed on ideas, successes on baby steps and achievements on attempts.The more that I share my aspirations, the more likely that I will be to pursue them.

"Pomme de terre," that is French for apple of the earth. A vegetable that matures beneath the dirt, soaking in the sun's rays and absorbing its leaves' nutrients, to come forth at a given time in its adult state to help enrich the world. I've always liked potatoes. Now, I know why. I am one. Deep man, deep.

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3797/9690672438_2a393cb356_h.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment