Wednesday, September 30, 2009

X-man Baby

My nephew was born today. He came C-section and weighing in at more than nine pounds. It is a hard way to lose weight, but childbirth is such a nice way to start a person. Here is my ode to Xander.

Baby X

Welcome to this sphere.
We're glad to have you here.
You are fresh and pure,
A special cure
For a lonely girl
Like your sister
She'll like you, Mister.
I know for sure I do.
Before I even meet you.
You are your Daddy's son
And Momma's precious one.
A hard journey lies ahead,
So rest your little head.
Welcome to our clan,
Baby X man.

Love, Auntie Insane in the Mom Brain

(Soon your Mom will join the ranks of low brain capacity, over-worked, sleep-deprived, very grateful to raise God's children, "Is that another gray hair?", multiple child joyousness). Right now, maniacal laughter is echoing through the rafters of my padded wall domicile. Tee hee!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome tribute Jamie! You get favorite Aunt points for sure. We'll make sure to copy your poem and save it for him to read one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jamie! I'm already sleep deprived and going crazy but I am definitely grateful for my 2 little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, thanks for telling me that there was a contest for favorite aunt. I demand a rematch. Oh well. :) Great post, J!

    ReplyDelete