Saturday, January 30, 2010

Dam it!


I feel the need to vent about this. I am so tired of cleaning up wet bedding that I could scream! You know that mythical hollow leg that teenagers fill up with all of the extra food that they eat? Well my son fills it up with urine so that each night he can release his torrential downpour of liquid on his bed. We frequently take him 1 and 2 times a night to the bathroom and still have the same results 3-4 times a week. My laundry room stinks and I am having a hard time keeping up with the sheer quantity of fabric that needs to be washed. We are going to take him in to make sure that he isn't releasing sugar into his urine, which is a sign of diabetes. If he had a "condition" I would be more compassionate towards him, instead of disgusted and frustrated (disgustrated?).

I wonder if we could get a prescription for a medical clothespin to help shut off the valve at night? I guess that we could always go back to sleep diapers, but those don't usually hold up to the current either. One day at a time, I know. But sometimes I wish that life were easy and I could just snap my fingers and have my problems go away. I could just say to him "Stop, dam it." And he would use a dam and stop the flow. Sigh. A girl can dream. At least I know that we won't have any problems getting a urine sample for the lab work.



Picture found at http://www.flickr.com/photos/richbert/3947726839/

1 comment:

  1. There is a medication that alleges to help... yeah... We tried hypnosis... it made it worse. I made a waterproof "sleep sack" that kept all the fluids contained... thank heavens we seem to be past it.. but I feel your pain. oh, and I never could get myself to do the getting up in the middle of the night to take them to the bathroom.

    hehe, there are always "good nights" they make them pretty large. :) Elks up in caldwell has a nocturnal enuerisis physical therapy program... they attach electrodeds to various body parts and "train" them to use their muscles better.

    ReplyDelete