Tuesday, July 19, 2011

No, Honey They Are DIRections!


We have an ongoing project in the backyard. My husband is building a wooden play structure for the kids. We bought it for three hundred dollars below cost and it's brand new. It is also very involved and the instruction booklet has been essential. Frequently my husband has said "Where are my directions?" and we all search the house until we find the big 8 1/2" by 11" novella so he can continue his assembly. Once we only found the Spanish version, but he can speak and read Espanol, so that worked out okay.

It said that it would take 5-10 hours to build the play set, which I felt was a bad omen. If the instructions say that it will take twice as long as you expect, that's not a good sign. My husband had to alter a few things to get it to fit in the right location and added a few extra goodies, like a balance beam off to the side.

Now, for the good stuff. Our five year old knew the routine of helping find the DIRections for the play set, so that when he saw them laying on the counter, he got really excited. "Daddy, Daddy, I found your erections!" Oh, what a difference a few letters make!

No comments:

Post a Comment