Monday, October 14, 2013

"I don't wanna be at church."

In June of 2010, we traveled 10 hours to Northern California to go to a baby blessing. I never finished this post, and it is a good one, so I am publishing it now.

My sister is 28 years old. She and her husband have been married for five years and they just barely gave me a nephew to spoil. So, of course, I had to make the journey and pay homage to the amazing genetic cuteness that emerged after over forty five hours of childbirth. About a week before our trip, my fifteen year old porcelain crown fell out of my mouth! Almost $600 later, we decided that it would be best to take our more economical car and not our gas guzzling, needs extensive maintenance van. So, my husband stayed with Ben and was a domestic house God during my absence. I would love for him to be a stay-at-home Dad, he makes it all look so easy. I will summarize the torturous trip. We bought a DVD player in Winnemucca for sanity and child preservation purposes. My son Shawn can escape almost any restraint in cars and grocery carts. After the ten hours to our borrowed beds and another hour to my sister's church building, I heard the baby blessing from the foyer while my son J.B. loudly decreed, "I don't want to be at church!" He said it at least three times as we were leaving the chapel. Then we got razzed out on the grass trying to take photos. "I don't want to take pictures, I don't want to take pictures..." Really people! Jokes aren't as funny when they are about you! Okay, it was very funny, the next day. We went back to my sister's house where people kept saying "I don't want watermelon" or I don't want chicken," etc., etc. Just to make fun. What a crazy life I lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment