Thursday, August 20, 2009

Sitting on Kids at the Dentist

After the kids were happily released to the school bus drivers, I busied myself trying to catch up on laundry, cleaning, childcare, etc. I didn't even make a dent. Then it was time for my three year old's first dental appointment. He didn't go when his other siblings went because he was running a fever, so he went today without the positive peer pressure of his siblings. Okay, Benjamin had given the dentist a little bit of hell by not letting him in his mouth and had to be sat on by me and his hands held by his Behavioral Therapist. Then because we had hoped his medicine would help him be calm and cooperative, he proved us right... and wrong... by taking a nap on the examining table. But his other two sibblings would have been a good influence. So once again, I sat on a child in the Dentist's office. His next visit involves a sedative and another new toy as a bribe.

At least no one got hurt and I got cute pictures. Isn't amazing how pictures never show how stressed, sleep deprived and irritated the people are, just a glimpse of something seemingly normal. Ah, to live in a photograph, would be so boring, wouldn't it?

2 comments:

  1. So where are the pictures? Sounds like a fun day... Your kids are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I need, a sedative and a new toy. Shoes count, right?

    ReplyDelete