Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Spinning. Stop the spinning!

I am a survivor. I am a mother of five children, four boys and a girl snuck into the middle. They average about 30 to 36 months apart. We don't believe in popping out babies as fast as possible. It is nice to get one out of diapers shortly after the next on comes along. Every one of our children has their own unique personality with the most prevalent similarities being lots of energy and advanced drama. That is where being a survivor comes into play. Did I mention that I have a 120lbs. low-functioning autistic son to also add extra spice to my life. Yes, we are done reproducing. I know my limits. Nervous breakdowns have been known to happen in my family and I don't want to add to that statistic, nor do I want to have to be medicated unless absolutely necessary.

I am blogging after having slept from 1:00 A.M. until 6:00 A.M. while nursing a baby and switching him to the other side twice. Luckily, I had a three hour desperation nap yesterday which refreshed and messed me up. I stayed up to process plums from one of our seven fruit trees because the fruit flies were taking over my kitchen.

Spinning? Oh yes, the spinning. My son Benjamin doesn't spin himself like a lot of Autistic kids do, he spins everything else! He prefers breakable dishes and glasses. Our dish supply has suffered significantly lately, but our broom has steady employment. I know that this is a phase just like coloring on all our walls, "organic muralism," wearing seven pairs of socks at the same time, eating apples twelve times a day, slamming doors,...sorry, I got carried away. So, I will survive another day with a sleepy smile on my face and hope in my heart.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah Jamie! This will be so good for you (venting, educating) and so good for you readers because you are a fabulous writer and help me smile and grow at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Does he also enjoy the merry-go-round? Just curious...

    ReplyDelete