Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Splish Splash Fun and College Again


I took my daughter, her friend and three year old son to a family birthday party this weekend. Dad kept the other three kiddos at home. All I had to do was hold an occasional towel and stalk the kids with a camera. I had so much fun taking pictures at they played for hours on this inflatable water slide mecca that the birthday kids' grandparents own. I got a great one of my daughter's friend squirting my girl right in the butt! That's all you see is a girl with a water cannon, my daughter trying to escape and water hitting her disappearing backside. Priceless! Then my daughter climbed a tree in bare feet and a bikini. I took pictures but don't want to share because she looks too grown up. I am still in denial that she will be a young lady in the not distant enough future. I am still collecting guns to have my husband clean when all those obnoxious teenage boys come over to kidnap my daughter and take her on a date. The nerve! I refuse to think about that for a while. We will just focus on getting though first grade right now.

I started College again on Monday. I didn't do it for Obama. He is not my savior, but don't get me started. I am so close to finishing my Associate's Degree that I decided to just get it done. It will probably take three semesters at 2 classes each, but it will happen sooner rather than never that way. With student financial aid, it is like being paid to be a student and I don't have to clean the restrooms. I was having to do that almost every night at my retail job. I am now enemployed and enrolled. Nice work if you can get it. I am taking my second required English class and a P.E. class. I am paying to get in shape. If that doesn't motivate me, than nothing will. Progress is good!

1 comment: