Friday, November 6, 2009

Urine for it!


My son is long overdue for toilet training. I am just so tired all of the time and don't want to put the time in. So he has been changing his own diapers occasionally or announcing "I'm wet" or "I'm really poopy." Yeah, he is soooo ready. So we are working on it. We have the iconic underwear with Disney Cars characters or Thomas the Train. I tell him "Don't pee on Thomas, he doesn't need a hose down." or "Don't get Mater wet. He's already rusty enough." He's doing pretty well, but we all have our weak moments.

The other day, I was "securing the perimeter" as I call it, to make sure that no one was getting into trouble, and I see J.B. in the kitchen with a knife ready to cut into the block of cheese that I left out. Rookie mistake! I begin walking hurriedly to take the knife away and slip on the kitchen floor. I slid a few feet and took J.B. down with me, knocking him to the ground. It was then that I realized that the floor was wet and I had slipped on a puddle, a man-made puddle. Motherhood is so glamorous. As we both got to our feet, J.B. says "You scratched me, Mama." It wasn't until later when I was telling my husband about my daily misadventures in babysitting that he asked me "Was he still holding the knife?" I didn't remember scratching him with my fingernail, but I had been a little distracted at the time by my urine soaked pants and the twinge in my ankle. He had cut his cheek with the knife in his hand. That is super scary. He could have been seriously hurt. See, this is why I have put off potty training. Urine is a dangerous thing people, and don't you forget it. Do not try this at home. Stupid cheese!

1 comment:

  1. Now that is an old school slip-in-slide! Glad he is ok! Phew!

    ReplyDelete