Sunday, October 25, 2009

Theater Dahling!

With our white gloves and up-do's (hairstyles), fancy dresses and a feeling of anticipation, my daughter Mimi and I went to the theater. We had attended a local production of Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella when she was three. We went with her friend Chloe and her Mom Tish. The little girls had worn their costumes to Cinderella, and so we dressed up this time too. My Mom and lttle sister came along and we took up six seats in a row. We saw Disney's Beauty and the Beast. Watching my daughter was an absolute joy. She got startled, concerned, excited, happy and sad. She laughed and wrung her hands. She sat on my lap a little and wanted to sit in her own seat like a grown up the rest of the time. Mimi, her little brother's nickname for her, loves spending time with her Mom, especially when we dress up and do something special. We hope to go watch another production soon. I love wearing my elbow length gloves and fixing my daughter's hair like she's going to the prom. There are so few reasons to get dressed in our elegant best and I will savor every moment that my daughter wants to be seen in public with me.

This "life is a stage" as some famous writer once said, and I plan on enjoying every act of togetherness that I can attend with my sweet children.

1 comment: